Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Day at the Fair!

Pin It In my hometown in Michigan, every summer, we have a fair.  The Lowell
4-H Fair.  And it's pretty much a given that if I happen to be in town while the fair is on, I am going to gather as many of my nieces and nephews together as I can, and head on down to check out everything there is to see.  Here are some pictures from our time at the fair this past August.


Here we are waiting for the horse-drawn wagon that shuttles us in from the parking area.


I love these two!  I think this was the 4th time that they have been to experience the fair with me.


This was his first fair ever!


Giving Aunt Katie some love!


I love this picture of the two of them!  I love to see them enjoying doing things together, just like my brother and I did, when we were their ages.


Everything is so new and interesting!


While we were in the chicken barn, he realized for the first time that all of the animals at the fair were raised by kids.  "Aunt Rachael, you mean kids are the ones raising ALL THESE ANIMALS?  I want to raise a chicken!  As soon as I see my mom, I'm going to ask her if I can have a chicken!"  He then requested that I take pictures of several different chickens.  So, sweety, these next few pictures are for you!




And here are a couple turkey pictures, for good measure.



Horses are always one of her favorites.



Check out the looks of wonder, disbelief and amazement on his face in the next few pictures!



This one makes me laugh every time I look at it...if he could talk, I imagine the conversation would go something like this.  HIM:  "This is unbelievable! Do you SEE this thing?"   HER:  "It's just a sheep, no big deal."


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment