Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fresh From the Garden - Turnips

Pin It Those of you who know me, know that not only do I have a fondness for plants and gardening, I also LOVE to cook!  This past week, while visiting family in South Eastern Georgia, I was fortunate enough to receive some fresh picked veggies from my uncle's garden.



One of the items I received was some turnips.  I know a lot of people do not like turnips and the truth is, if they are not cooked correctly, I don't particularly like them either.


However, if they ARE cooked correctly they can be delicious!  And being the fantastic cook that I am, they were delicious!  I even fed them to 3 children who had never had turnips before and they all loved them and ate seconds!


Smashed turnips & potatoes with onion and bacon....a HUGE hit!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment